Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Bowling For Soup At My Age

Is it inevitable that my favourite music is still mostly from the 70s and 80s ?

I joined Facebook last week and when doing the music quiz on ilike I had to listen to a lot of bands I'd barely heard of before.

My favourite is definitely Bowling For Soup. Their '1985' is ironically enough, about someone whose musical tastes, and indeed entire dreams, are still trapped in the 1980s (devotees of Robert Palmer will enjoy the parody here):



And "High School Never Ends" is a wry reflection that adult life isn't much different to school '

Then when you graduate
You take a look around and you say HEY WAIT
This is the same as where I just came from
I thought it was over
Aw
That’s just great
The whole damn world is just as obsessed
With who‘s the best dressed and who‘s having sex,
Who‘s got the money, who gets the honeys,
Who‘s kinda cute and who‘s just a mess'
:

This is a very witty video, but those of a sensitive disposition, (especially after last night) may not want to see the simulated vomiting scene near the end:



Maybe Facebook is going to keep me young....

3 comments:

Tristan said...

Discovering new music is always good, whether its discovering something from before your time or something recent.
I hope I'm still discovering new music for the rest of my life.

Onlinefocus Team said...

Happy New Year Tristan...

Kim Ayres said...

Happy New Year! - Hope 2008 is good to you :)

I'm on Facebook too if you want to connect

Chris expresses his own views on this weblog.


I write this blog in a private capacity , but just in case I mention any elections here is a Legal Statement for the purposes of complying with electoral law: This website is published and promoted by Ron Oatham, 8 Brixham Close , Rayleigh Essex on behalf of Liberal Democrat Candidates all at 8 Brixham Close.