Sunday, August 28, 2005

A Perfect Sunny Afternoon

Went out this afternoon delivering some Focus leaflets in one of the rural parts of our district ward. Ate a few sun-warmed blackberries, chatted to a few people, then saw the end of the cricket at my colleague Ron's house.

It's been great to see such an epic battle between two superb teams , who a) respect each other and their fans b) have tremendous talent and c) both deserve to win. Cricketers aren't angels, but make much better role models than most top footballers.

The nice thing about cricket , compared with football, is that it isn't just the richest club that wins...

2 comments:

Kim Ayres said...

Hi Chris,

just randomly stumbled across your blog. No disrespect intended in any way - I wondered what you are intending to do with it. Is this for your constituents, or is it just a place to drop random thoughts as things occur to you?

Cheers,
Kim

Onlinefocus Team said...

Hi Kim

Thanks for enquiring. Glad to see someone else who uses a photo of themselves holding their chin.

Together with my ward colleague Ron, we have a website for residents at www.onlinefocus.org , where we put some local news, contact details, a local photo gallery etc.

This blog is really to let me post some random thoughts. However my guess is that there is going to be a lot of stuff on the net about the future direction of the Liberal Democrat Party, and I want to have a place to give my own point of view.

For what it's worth, I'm probably on the leftish end of the party on economic issues, on the rightish end of the party on social issues and fervently want to see more democracy at local government level and in Europe.

Three random views in my head this morning: I want to see cricket come back soon onto terrestrial TV, Essex become a region in its own right and no additional faith schools in the UK.

Chris expresses his own views on this weblog.


I write this blog in a private capacity , but just in case I mention any elections here is a Legal Statement for the purposes of complying with electoral law: This website is published and promoted by Ron Oatham, 8 Brixham Close , Rayleigh Essex on behalf of Liberal Democrat Candidates all at 8 Brixham Close.