Saturday, May 26, 2007

A Genuine Hero

Like most people in my home town, I was stunned by the shooting of a commuter at Rayleigh station yesterday . As reported in the national news, 24 old Adam Mapleson was shot in the chest as he tried to stop two armed men from robbing a pair of security guards at Rayleigh station. Thankfully he's starting to recover.

I don't suppose you have time to think about whether to intervene in a situation like this, I guess you follow your instincts...

As for the robbers, they planned an armed robbery on a station forecourt crowded with rush-hour commuters - and opened fire. I just hope they are caught soon.

No comments:

Chris expresses his own views on this weblog.


I write this blog in a private capacity , but just in case I mention any elections here is a Legal Statement for the purposes of complying with electoral law: This website is published and promoted by Ron Oatham, 8 Brixham Close , Rayleigh Essex on behalf of Liberal Democrat Candidates all at 8 Brixham Close.