Friday, May 12, 2006

A Brave Letter from a Labour Candidate



Julian Ware-Lane, who stood for parliament in Rayleigh last year for the Labour Party, has written a very honest letter to the Essex Enquirer newspaper.

In case you can’t read the text, he says:

“Political parties depend on donations , and I have often been asked and regularly respond positively. This time, however , I am having serious doubts. Will my ten pound donation be used for more hairdressing for the prime minister’s wife?”
….

“I am a proud Labour Party member and was a local candidate and still urge people to vote for us. Locally Labour has much to offer. Nationally I am starting to wonder whether the best option has now become the least worst”

No comments:

Chris expresses his own views on this weblog.


I write this blog in a private capacity , but just in case I mention any elections here is a Legal Statement for the purposes of complying with electoral law: This website is published and promoted by Ron Oatham, 8 Brixham Close , Rayleigh Essex on behalf of Liberal Democrat Candidates all at 8 Brixham Close.