Monday, October 10, 2005

Blues on Fire ... and Pier Ablaze


A Sunday of mixed emotions in Southend... United go top of League One after beating Nottingham Forest 1-0 and setting a club record of eight consecutive wins.

... and the pier - the longest pleasure pier in the world ... was seriously damaged by fire.

Leader of Southend's Lib Dems , Graham Longley, was quoted by our local paper as saying "Southend Pier is in the middle of my heart and it looks like it has been ripped out. It is our best and most prominent attraction and I feel like I have just been told an old friend has been in a serious accident"

No comments:

Chris expresses his own views on this weblog.


I write this blog in a private capacity , but just in case I mention any elections here is a Legal Statement for the purposes of complying with electoral law: This website is published and promoted by Ron Oatham, 8 Brixham Close , Rayleigh Essex on behalf of Liberal Democrat Candidates all at 8 Brixham Close.