Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The First Liberal MP I ever met

It was around 1974 when I met ny first Liberal MP. I was too young to vote, but thought I myself as a Conservative. Even so , I went along to a local school hall in Rayleigh (the school where my mother attended in the late 1920s, and the one my son would one day go to).

There was an embarassingly small turn-out, but the chap made quite a good little speech, and he shook my hand and I took his photo (it's lost in a cupboard somewhere).

So for personal reasons I'm very pleased that Clement Freud (for he was the MP) is supporting Chris Huhne for the leadership.

No comments:

Chris expresses his own views on this weblog.


I write this blog in a private capacity , but just in case I mention any elections here is a Legal Statement for the purposes of complying with electoral law: This website is published and promoted by Ron Oatham, 8 Brixham Close , Rayleigh Essex on behalf of Liberal Democrat Candidates all at 8 Brixham Close.